Translate into another language

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Favorite Foods

While I cannot speak for Mollie and Marianne regarding favorite foods, I thought I'd begin a blog entry about one of my favorite pasttimes: eating. We have had many delicious meals; I will only hit a few highlights.

1) The croissants. A happy legacy from the French. Light, perfect with creamy butter. Available in every breakfast buffet we have had. Perfect with the strong, good coffee Vietnam offers. Especially delicious following an early morning walk along the ocean.

2) Passion fruit. The outside is a pretty red color; inside it's filled with countless slippy seeds (one fellow traveler called it a "slimy yellow mess" but I prefer to think of it as a sweet-tart confection that feels both healthy and decadent). This morning Mollie discovered passion fruit yoghurt on the buffet. I put passion fruit yoghurt onto my passion fruit half and was in heaven.


3) Barbecue Chicken and Green Mango Salad made by us. Today. At the Morning Glory Restaurant in Hoi An. We and our fellow travelers had a fantastic cooking class led by Lulu, a young chef who had worked at the restaurant for seventeen of her thirty-one years.


4) Lemongrass sorbet. Best experienced in the middle of a 95-degree day.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment