Translate into another language

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Stories Huy Told Us

From Marianne:

On our bus rides to and from our daily visits, Huy uses the time to tell us about the day, about history or culture details, and, from time to time, stories from his personal life.

This day it was the latter.

We were leaving Hanoi to be on travel throughout the rest of the country. So Huy had had a meeting with his family. Here's the vignette according to Huy:

I met with mychildren to instruct them on their responsibilities while I am away for the next 11 days. My 10-year-old daughter knows what she needs to do. I asked my 4-year-old son what he should do while I'm away. "Can you think of what you should do while I'm away?"

Son: "Yes. I should not ask for any new toys."

Huy: "Very good. That's right. Now, can you think of something else you should do?

Son: "No."

Huy: "What about brushing your teeth every day? Can you do that?"

Son: "Yes."

Huy: "Can you think of something else?"

Son: "No."

Huy: Can you help your mother and your grandmother when they ask you to help?"

Son: "Yes."

Huy: "Very good. So now you know what you can do while I am away."

Son: "Yes.    (after a pause) but I think I can only do the first thing."

 

1 comment:

  1. Ah ha...the product of a humorous daddy and a clever 4-year-old! Sounds delightfully familiar. :-)

    ReplyDelete